Friday, September 4, 2015

Introducing Bundled Up: Dress-a-Penguin Winter Stamps

Hello there!  I'm excited to be sharing a closer look at another favorite of mine called Bundled Up.  Yes, I know... It seems they're all my favorites.  What can I say?  They're all my babies.  ;)

Bundled up features a little baby penguin which you can dress up in endless winter clothing options depending on the fun ways you chose to color them.  For my first card I chose to go with the look of Santa and his reindeer.  I've always been drawn to red and white snowflake patterns so I created my own by heat embossing the various snowflake images found on both this set and the coordinating Snow Kissed stamp set.


I tied in the black of the penguins by heat embossing my sentiment on black cardstock and adhering it to the bottom of the little panel they are sitting on.


For my next card I went with more of an everyday look, combining the Bundled Up penguin and sentiment with the balloons from the Birthday Smiles set.


For my background I painted some freehand watercolor clouds using the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers on Tim Holtz watercolor paper which I spritzed and lightened by dabbing with a paper towel.

For my balloons, I taped twine to the back of each one and glued them down before pulling the twine tight and tying the "streamers" together using some plain sewing thread.  I tried to knot them in one big knot, but it was way too bulky.  I decided it was easy to hide my thread under my girl penguin's flipper when popping her up with foam tape.


Here's a closer look at the full Bundled Up stamp set used for both of today's cards (available for purchase on Tuesday morning):


Thanks for visiting!  I hope you have a fabulous weekend!  :)

5 comments:

  1. Everyday shows more
    cuties! Love how you
    can change up the
    penguin with the stamps!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new stamp company and adorable card!! Really cute stuff Mendi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mendi this is too cute. Congrats on the opening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew that penguins and birthdays could go together?! Love how you are able to tie images and sentiments that seem so different. Plus, dressing up this little penguin seems like TONS of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super amazing and so well done - the stamps are incredibly adorable and to see something made by wonderful YOU is so fun and I am so excited for this release!!

    ReplyDelete