Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Harvest Happiness I Love You More the Pie Card by Audrey

Hello there! Audrey here! Today I have a fun pie themed card using the Harvest Happiness stamp set!  Just because this stamp set is full of fall and Thanksgiving images, you can do so much more with it!  I love this image and sentiment.

I started by watercoloring a very subtle background using Cracked Pistachio distress ink.  Then I die-cut a stitched frame around the edge of the watercolor piece when it was dry.  I love using tag dies for the base of my focal point on cards.  I die-cut this tag three different times from cardstock, and patterned papers.  I then adhered the striped paper to the bottom of the white tag and popped that tag up on the polka-dot tag behind it with foam tape.  I tilted the top tag slightly to show a little snippet of the polka-dot patterned paper.  

I stamped, colored and die cut the pie slice image from the Harvest Happiness stamp set, using the coordinating dies, and then stamped a sentiment from the same set on a banner die-cut to put below it. I stamped a few hearts from the Happy Home stamp set on the tag, and added a bigger die-cut heart to the banner to create a visual triangle.  After I adhered to the watercolor piece, I threaded an aqua button with some bakers twine to cover up the tag hole, and then adhered the whole panel to an aqua care base with foam tape.

I love you more than pie

Here is a closer shot of the focal point:


That's all for me today!  Be sure to stop back by tomorrow for  more inspiration from the design team!  Have a great day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Audrey this card is beautiful!! I love that you took the pie image and sentiment and turned it into a card for someone special. Great way to stretch those stamps! I love the look of the tags being the main focal and like how you twisted the one a bit to the side to show the pattern. Very pretty card!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete