Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Red, White & Blue Holiday Card with Lindsey

Hi! Lindsey here today sharing a holiday card using the new Gleeful Reindeer. I just love the cute little images in this set, and there is just so much you can do with it. Let's get started on how I created this card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Gleeful Reindeer Holiday Christmas Card by Lindsey Sams (with banner from Little Angels)

This card was a little different for me because I chose to do a 4 1/2" square card instead of the usual A2 size. I began with a red stitched square. On top of the red, I placed a 4"x 4" dark blue piece of cardstock that I cut some stars out of to make the night sky. To make the stars sparkle, I placed some silver, glitter cardstock behind the openings. Next, I created a moon using a die cut circle and some Copic markers. I colored the circle with a light gray and then added some darker gray circles to give it some dimension. 

I stamped the banner from the Little Angels set and added some shading with Copic markers. I stamped the sentiment from Gleeful Reindeer. Then I stamped and colored the reindeer with Copic markers. I cut the banner and reindeer using the coordinating dies. To finish the card, I added some Wink of Stella to the banner and some accents with a white gel pen.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Gleeful Reindeer Holiday Christmas Card by Lindsey Sams (with banner from Little Angels)

That's it for me today. Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll check out this adorable set. I can't wait to see what you guys create. Keep checking back to the blog for lots of inspiration using the new winter release. Have a great day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
      


5 comments:

  1. This design with its red, white and blue colors immediately made think of service men and women. This would be a great card to send to military members! I like to make cards for those serving so I will definitely keep this one in mind as I plan for what I will send.
    Thanks for the great design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. The coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsey ~ This is such a fun card and your coloring is absolutely wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Lindsey this is so cute! I love the non-traditional colors... and your little reindeer is so cute!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete