Saturday, November 5, 2016

Guest Designer Spotlight: Christmas Cards with Juliana Michaels

Hi everyone! It's Juliana Michaels and I'm so happy to be a guest with you here again on the Sunny Studio Stamps blog. Today I'm sharing four cards I created using stamps and dies from the recent Sunny Studio Winter Release.

For my first card, I stamped the flying reindeer from the Gleeful Reindeer stamp set onto watercolor paper and die cut them using the coordinating dies. I then colored them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Gleeful Reindeer Holly Jolly Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels.

To create the snowy sky background, I stamped the snowflakes and the sentiment onto watercolor paper using Versamark Embossing Ink, sprinkled them with white embossing powder and heat set them with my heat gun. I then used Distress Ink and a foam blending tool to add color. To make the snowflakes a bit sparkly and shiny, I colored them in using a Clear Gelly Roll Stardust Pen.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Gleeful Reindeer Holly Jolly Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels.

I used the Gleeful Reindeer stamp set again and those adorable reindeer on my second card. For this card, I randomly stamped the reindeer and presents to create a fun background. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Gleeful Reindeer Holiday Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels.

I then colored them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. The sentiment was then stamped onto red cardstock using Versamark Embossing Ink, sprinkled them with white embossing powder and heat set with my heat gun.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Gleeful Reindeer Holiday Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels.

When I first saw this Winter release, I was so excited to see the Mug Hugs stamp set. As a coffee lover, I knew this set was going to be so much fun to create with. 


Sunny Studio Stamps: Mug Hugs Cup of Cheer Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels.

For this card, I stamped the images onto watercolor paper using Versamark Embossing Ink, sprinkled them with white embossing powder and heat set them with my heat gun. I then die cut the shapes using the coordinating die and colored the images in with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I then had fun creating a little scene with the mugs, candy cane and cookie.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Mug Hugs Cup of Cheer Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels.

On my final card, I again used the Mug Hugs set. As you might have noticed, I love to stamp onto watercolor paper using Versamark Embossing Ink and heat emboss the image. This makes coloring with markers so easy, because it helps keep the ink inside the lines.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Mug Hugs Hug In A Mug Card by Juliana Michaels.

To create the background on this card, I randomly stamped the stitched heart and the little coffee bean onto a piece of kraft paper. I then layered the die cut pieces and patterned paper and adhered them to the card front. I finished this one off with a bit of jute tied into a bow.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Mug Hugs Hug In A Mug Card by Juliana Michaels.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I really enjoyed this opportunity to share with you here on the Sunny Studio blog. Thanks again Mendi for having me!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
      

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards!! Beautifully done!! I absolutely adore the reindeer..too cute!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Juliana! You did an amazing job on each and I truly love those cute little reindeer!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete