Monday, April 3, 2017

A Good Egg Pinterest Inspired Easter Card with Eloise

Hello everyone, Eloise here and today I have a card to share using A Good Egg stamp set. It's an older stamp, but a goodie. These images are so super cute and great for Easter cards.

Sunny Studio Stamps: A Good Egg Happy Easter Card by Eloise Blue

To begin my card today I stamped out all my images I wanted to use from the A Good Egg stamp set onto some white cardstock and coloured them all in with Copic markers.

For these particular images, I was stuck on what colours to use, and I generally struggle with this a lot and so when I'm stuck or I want to use sort of a specific colour scheme I turn to Pinterest for colour combos. So for today's images, this is the colour scheme I went with and just added in some orange and a different blue also, since I still felt like something was missing. It's not always exact to the image, but it gives me a starting point. 


Once the colouring was done, I then used all the coordinating dies to cut them all out. Now it was time to work on the background. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: A Good Egg Happy Easter Card by Eloise Blue

For my background I pulled two pieces of watercolour cardstock and die cut them both down with a rectangle die. I then used a grassy hill border on one of the pieces. I used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on the background for the sky, and Twisted Citron on the grassy piece for the grassy hill. Once my pieces were coloured, I could assemble. 

I used tape adhesive to adhere down my grassy hill onto my background and then foam tape to adhere all my images down. Once everything was adhered I stamped my 'Happy Easter' sentiment from the same A Good Egg stamp set on the top in the centre of my sky piece. Once my panel was complete I added some pink striped patterned paper onto my card base and added two slim strips of green patterned paper onto each side. I added foam tape all along the back of my panel and adhered it on top of the patterned paper and that was my card complete. 

I hope you enjoyed my card today and check back to see the rest of the team make projects with this same stamp set all week. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
  

1 comment:

  1. I saw this darling card on FB and fell in love with all of the adorable details!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M



    ReplyDelete