Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Oceans Of Joy & Magical Mermaids Pop-Up Box Card with Amy

Hello everybody! Amy here today to share a pop-up box card featuring the Oceans Of Joy and Magical Mermaids stamp sets. I love how these two sets can be used together to create a scene that is fun and whimsical.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Oceans Of Joy & Magical Mermaids Pop-Up Box Card by Amy Yang

For this card, I used a box card die. However, you can find lots of great tutorials online to make your own. To begin, I cut out all the pieces for the box card, I used a rectangle die to create a window for the front bottom of the card. With the die-cut rectangle, I added the sentiment "Just Swimming By to Say You're Fintastic" from Magical Mermaids. I heat embossed it with blue embossing powder. I also trimmed acetates to cover the window, and to the two panels that went inside the box to hold the images. This allowed me to create a fun 3D underwater scene.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Oceans Of Joy & Magical Mermaids Pop-Up Box Card by Amy Yang

Before assembling the box, I distressed it with Distress Inks in Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers, and Cracked Pistachios in most areas. I splattered the panels with droplets of water using a brush to add texture, and created clouds with a stencil on the back panel. Once it dried, I put together the box card with double sided tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Oceans Of Joy & Magical Mermaids Pop-Up Box Card by Amy Yang

I stamped the images from Oceans Of Joy and Magical Mermaids and colored them with Copic markers. Then, I cut them out with their coordinating dies. To finish, I adhered the sentiment rectangle to the front flap and the images to the card.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed this post and I have inspired you to try creating your own ocean scenes with the two adorable stamp sets.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
      

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy ~ This card is adorable and any little girl would love to receive this. I've never tried a pop-up card but think I may have to give it a try after seeing this one. Hope you had a fabulous weekend. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete