Monday, June 26, 2017

Pirate Pals Boy Themed Birthday Card with Eloise

Hi everyone, Eloise here and today I have another birthday card to share with you using the Pirate Pals stamp set. I'm loving making boy themed cards with this set - it's so nice to have a few in my stash!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pirate Pals Boy Themed Birthday Card by Eloise Blue

To begin my card today I went ahead and first did the background piece. I took a piece of watercolour cardstock and tore all four dies to create that distressed look. I then used Antique Linen, Ground Espresso and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to colour it. Once it was coloured I flicked on some water and dried it all with a heat tool. 

Next up I stamped out my images from Pirate Pals and coloured them in with Copic Markers. I only used a few colours and just repeated using them to create a simple colour scheme. Once they were all coloured in I die cut them out using the coordinating dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pirate Pals Boy Themed Birthday Card by Eloise Blue

I then added fun foam behind my panel piece and adhered it down to a grey striped piece of patterned paper that I adhered onto a card base. I then adhered all my images using foam adhesive too. 

For my sentiment I white heat embossed it onto some green cardstock, cut the end off at an angle and also added a bow with some hemp cord to the other side and adhered it down onto my card also. 

That finished up the card for today, I hope you enjoyed and I'll be back next week! Thanks so much for stopping by. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
  

6 comments:

  1. This is totally adorable! I really love this stamp set... the little pirates are so adorable!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahoy Eloise!! This card is beyond precious!! I absolutely LOVE the realistic look of the background paper behind the pirates. At first I thought it looked like a piece of wood! Thanks for the inspiration and have a great week. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card, and so well-done!!! I love the way you did the background! And the SS pirates are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card. The background is amazing.

    ReplyDelete